RELEVANT MEMBER PUBLICATIONS
- Zohdi, T. I. (2009) Mechanistic modeling of swarms. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. Volume198, Issues 21-26, Pages 2039-2051.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2016). On firework blasts and qualitative parameter dependency. Proceedings of the Royal Society. http://dx.doi.org/10.1098/rspa.2015.0720
- Zohdi, T. I. and Cabalo, J. (2017). On the thermomechanics and footprint of fragmenting blasts. International Journal of Engineering Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.ijengsci.2017.05.007
- Zohdi, T. I. (2018). Multiple UAVs for Mapping: a review of basic modeling, simulation and applications. Annual Reviewof Environment and Resources. https://doi.org/10.1146/annurev-environ-102017-025912
- Zohdi, T. I. (2018). Modeling the spatio-thermal fire hazard distribution of incandescent material ejecta in manufacturing. Computational Mechanics. https://doi.org/10.1007/s00466-018-1617-2
- Zohdi, T. I. (Book, (2007) Introduction to the modeling and simulation of particulate flows
SIAM (Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics)
- Zohdi, T. I. (Book, 2012) Electromagnetic properties of multiphase dielectrics. A primer on modeling, theory and computation
- Zohdi, T. I. (Book, 2012) Dynamics of charged particulate systems. Modeling, theory and computation
- Zohdi, T. I. (Book, 2014) A finite element primer for beginners
- Farrell, L. (2016). Science is a Blast (profile of Zohdi’s research). Sciencenode.
- Zohdi, T. I. and Wriggers, P. (2001). Modeling and simulation of the decohesion of particulate aggregates in a binding matrix. Engineering Computations. 18, 1/2, 79-95.
- Zohdi, T. I. and Wriggers, P. (2001). A Petrov-Galerkin transformation that eliminates spurious oscillations for heterogeneous diffusion-reaction equations. Computational Materials Science. 21, 2, 255-260.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2002). An adaptive-recursive staggering strategy for simulating multifield coupled processes in microheterogeneous solids. The International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. 53, 1511-1532.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2003). Large-scale statistical inverse computation of inelastic accretion in transient granular flows. The International Journal of Nonlinear Mechanics. Vol. 8, Issue 38, 1205-1219.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2003). Computational design of swarms. The International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. 57, 2205-2219.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2004). Modeling and simulation of a class of coupled thermo-chemo-mechanical processes in multiphase solids. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. Vol. 193/6-8 679-699.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2004). Modeling and direct simulation of near-field granular flows. The International Journal of Solids and Structures. Vol 42/2 pp 539-564.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2004). A computational framework for agglomeration in thermo-chemically reacting granular flows. Proceedings of the Royal Society. Vol. 460. Num. 2052, 3421-3445.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2005). Charge-induced clustering in multifield particulate flow The International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. Volume 62, Issue 7, Pages 870-898
- Temizer, I. and Zohdi, T. I. (2005). Fragmentation and agglomeration in microscale granular flows. The International Journal of Fracture/Letters in Micromechanics. Vol. 131, L37-L44.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2006). On the optical thickness of disordered particulate media. Mechanics of Materials. Volume 38, 969-981.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2006). Computation of the coupled thermo-optical scattering properties of random particulate systems. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. Volume 195, 5813-5830.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2007). Computation of strongly coupled multifield interaction in particle-fluid systems. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. Volume 196, 3927-3950.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2007). Particle collision and adhesion under the influence of near-fields. Journal of Mechanics of Materials and Structures. Volume 2, No. 6, 1011-1018
- Zohdi, T. I. (2009) Mechanistic modeling of swarms. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. Volume 198, Issues 21-26, Pages 2039-2051.
- Arbelaez, D., Zohdi, T. I. and Dornfeld, D. (2009) On impinging near-field granular jets. The International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. Volume 80, Issue 6, pp. 815-845.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2009) Dielectric breakdown elimination via particulate additives. The International Journal of Fracture/Letters in Micromechanics. Volume 159, L247-L253.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2010) Charged wall-growth in channel-flow. The International Journal of Engineering Science. 48, 1520.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2010) On the dynamics of charged electromagnetic particulate jets. Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering. Volume 17, Number 2, 109-135
- Zohdi, T. I. (2010) Localized electrical current propagation in stochastically perturbed atmospheres. The International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. Volume 84, 27-46.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2010) Simulation of coupled microscale multiphysical-fields in particulate-doped dielectrics with staggered adaptive FDTD. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. Volume 199, 79-101.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2011) Dynamics of clusters of charged particulates in electromagnetic fields. The International Journal of Numerical Methods in Engineering. 85, 1140-1159.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2011) Joule-heating field phase-amplification in particulate-doped dielectrics. The International Journal of Engineering Science. 49, 30-40.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2013) Modeling electrical power absorption and thermally-induced biological tissue damage. Biomechanics and Modeling in Mechanobiology. http://dx.doi.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2015). A computational modeling framework for high-frequency particulate obscurant cloud performance. The International Journal of Engineering Science. 89, 75-85.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2016). On firework blasts and qualitative parameter dependency. Proceedings of the Royal Society. http://dx.doi.org/10.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2016). On high-frequency radiation scattering sensitivity to surface roughness in particulate media. Computational Particle Mechanics. http://dx.doi.org/
- Zohdi, T. I. (2017). Modeling and rapid simulation of the propagation and multiple branching of electrical discharges in gaseous atmospheres.Computational Mechanics. http://doi.org/10.
- Zohdi, T. I. and Cabalo, J. (2017). On the thermomechanics and footprint of fragmenting blasts. International Journal of Engineering Science. http://dx.doi.org/10.
- Zohdi, T. I.(2017). On the dynamics and breakup of quadcopters using a discrete element
method framework. Computational Methods in Applied Mechanical Engineering. http://dx.doiorg/10.1016/j.cma.2017.07.009
- Abali, B. E. and Zohdi, T. I. (2018). On the accuracy of reduced-order integrated circuit simulators for computing the heat production on electronic components. Journal of Computational Electronics. https://doi.org/
- Zohdi, T. I. and B. E. Abali (2017) Modeling of power transmission and stress grading for corona protection. Computational Mechanics. https://doi.org/10.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2017). Dynamic thermomechanical modeling and simulation of the design of rapid free-form 3D printing processes with evolutionary machine learning. Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering. https://doi.org/
- Zohdi, T. I. (2018). Multiple UAVs for Mapping: a review of basic modeling, simulation and applications. Annual Review of Environment and Resources.https://doi.org/10.
- Zohdi, T. I. (2018). Modeling the spatio-thermal fire hazard distribution of incandescent material ejecta in manufacturing. Computational Mechanics. https://doi.org/10.
Barbara S. Linke
- Linke, B., Overcash, M., Reusable Unit Process Life Cycle Inventory for Manufacturing: Grinding, Production Engineering – Research and Development, December 2017, Volume 11, Issue 6, pp 643–653
- Das, J., Linke, B., Evaluation and systematic selection of significant multi-scale surface roughness parameters (SRPs) as process monitoring index, Journal of Materials Processing Technology, Volume 244, June 2017, Pages 157–165, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.jmatprotec.2017.01.017
- Das, J., Bales, G.L., Kong, Z., Linke, B., Integrating Operator Information for Manual Grinding and Characterization of Process Performance Based on Operator Profile, J. Manuf. Sci. Eng 140(8), 081011, http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4040266
- Linke, B., Das, J., Aesthetics and Gloss of Ground Surfaces – A Review on Measurement and Generation, ASME Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, J. Manuf. Sci. Eng 138(6), 064501 (Mar 09, 2016), http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4032587, 2016
- Voet, H., Garretson, I., Falk, B., Schmitt, R., Linke, B., Peak Power Load and Energy Costs Using the Example of the Startup and Idling of a Grinding Machine, Procedia CIRP, Volume 69, 2018, Pages 324-329, CIRP Conference on Life Cycle Engineering, Copenhagen, Denmark, 2018, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2212827117308132
- Linke, B., Garretson, I., Torner, F., Seewig, J., Grinding energy modeling based on friction, plowing and shearing, Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 139(12):121009-121009-11, MANU-17-1191 http://dx.doi.org/10.1115/1.4037239
- C. Fernandez-Pello “Wildland Fire Spot Ignition by Sparks and Firebrands” Fire Safety Journal, 91, p. 2-110, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.firesaf.2017.04.040 (2017). International Association of Fire Safety Science Howard Emmons Plenary Lecture.
- J.L. Urban, C.D. Zak, J. Song and C. Fernandez-Pello “Smolder Spot Ignition of Natural Fuels by a Hot Metal Particle” Proceedings of the Combustion Institute, V. 36, 3211-3218, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.proci.2016.09.014 (2016).
- J. L. Urban, C.D. Zak, and C. Fernandez-Pello “The Effect of Fuel Bed Composition on the Spot Fire Ignition of Natural Fuels by Hot Aluminum Particles” Fire Technology, https://doi.org/10.1007/s10694-018-0712-4 (2018).
- J. L. Urban, J. Song, S. Santamaria, C. Fernandez-Pello “Ignition of a Spot Smolder in a Moist Fuel Bed by an Ember” Fire Safety J. (submitted) 2018
- J. L. Urban and A.C. Fernandez-Pello, “Ignition” Encyclopedia of Wildfires and Wildland-Urban Interface (WUI) Fires, Manzello, S (Eds) Springer, (2018).
- Anderson, D., R.A. Davidson, K. Himoto, and C. Scawthorn. 2016. “Statistical Modeling Of Fire Occurrence Using Data From The Tōhoku, Japan Earthquake And Tsunami.” Risk Analysis 36(2):378-95.
- Bukowski, Richard w., and charles scawthorn. 1995. “Fire Aspects Of The July 12,1993, Hokkaido-Nansei-Oki Earthquake.” Earthquake Spectra 11:33-40pp.
- Davidson, Rachel A., James Kendra, Sizheng Li, Laurie C. Long, David A. McEntire, and Charles Scawthorn. 2012. “San Bruno California, September 9, 2010 Gas Pipeline Explosion And Fire.” Pp. 210. Newark: Disaster Research Center, University of Delaware.
- Kubo, M., Y. Ono, and C. Scawthorn. 2008. “Modeling Of Fire Spread In Gis Framework.” (in preparation).
- Lee, Selina, Rachel Davidson, Norihito Ohnishi, and Charles Scawthorn. 2008. “Fire Following Earthquake – Reviewing The State-Of-The-Art Of Modeling.”Earthquake Spectra 24(4):933-67pp.
- Odeh, d. J., m. Khater, c. Scawthorn, f. T Blackburn, and karen s. kubik. 1995. “Reliability Analysis Of A Dual Use Fire Protection/Reclaimed Water System, San Francisco, Ca ” in Page: 264-271 4th U.S. Conference Lifeline earthquake engineering, . San Francisco; CA American Society of Civil Engineers. Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. New York, NY; ASCE; 1995 TECHNICAL COUNCIL ON LIFELINE EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING MONOGRAPH; ; NUMBER 6.
- Scawthorn, c., y. Yamada, h. Iemura, m. Kobayashi. 1982. “A Model For Urban Post-Earthquake Fire Hazard.” Transactions Arch. Institute of Japan.
- Scawthorn, c., j. Donelan. 1984. “Fire-Related Aspects Of The Coalinga Earthquake.” in In Coalinga California Earthquake of May 2 1983: Reconnaissance Report. Report 84-03. Berkeley: CA: EERI.
- Scawthorn, c. 1984. “Post Earthquake Fire Considerations In Urban Earthquake Policy And Planning.” July, Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
—. 1984. “Post-Earthquake Fire: Discussion.” US-Japan Workshop on Urban Earthquake Hazards Reduction, July Stanford University, Palo Alto, CA.
—. 1985. “Fire Following Earthquake.” Washington, DC.October.
- Scawthorn, charles. 1985. “Fire Following Earthquake ” Fire Engineering 138(4):44-46.
—. 1985. “Fire Following Earthquake.” Pp. 44-51 in Fire Safety Science, Proceedings of the First International Symposium. Washington: International Association for Fire Safety Science.
- Scawthorn, c. 1985. “Fire Following Earthquake: Two Recent Earthquakes Indicated The Variety Of Demands Placed On Fire Services.” in Fire Engineering.
- Scawthorn, c., g. Bureau, c. Jessup, r. Delgado. 1985. “Fire-Related Aspects Of 24 April 1984 Morgan Hill Earthquake.” Spectra 1 no. 3: 675-685 (May).
- Scawthorn, charles. 1985. “Post-Earthquake Fire Considerations In Urban Earthquake Policy And Planning.” Pp. 113-19. Palo Alto, CA, USA: Earthquake Engineering Research Inst (Publ n 85-03 Jul 1985), Berkeley, CA, USA.
—. 1986. “Fire Following Earthquake.” Pp. 971-79. Berkeley, CA, USA: Hemisphere Publ Corp, Washington, DC, USA.
- Scawthorn, c., m. Bouhafs, d. W. Segraves, d. L. Unnewehr. 1986. “Fire Losses From Earthquakes: Los Angeles Region.” California Region, Paper presented at seminar sponsored by the Earthquake Engineering Research Institute’s Committee on Seismic Risk, Santa Monica, CA.
- Scawthorn, c. 1986. “Lifeline Aspects Of Fire Following Earthquake.” Washington DC.
- Scawthorn, charles. 1986. “Simulation Modeling Of Fire Following Earthquake.” Pp. 1675-85pp in Proc. Third US National Conference on Earthquake Engineering. Charleston, SC, USA: Earthquake Engineering Research Inst, El Cerrito, CA, USA.
—. 1987. Fire Following Earthquake: Estimates Of The Conflagration Risk To Insured Property In Greater Los Angeles And San Francisco. Oak Brook, Ill.: All-Industry Research Advisory Council.
- Scawthorn, c. 1987. “Fire Losses From Earthquakes: State Of The Art.” Princeton.
- Scawthorn, c., m. Bouhafs, f. T. Blackburn. 1988. “Demand And Provision For Post-Earthquake Emergency Services: Case Study Of San Francisco Fire Department.” Tokyo and Kyoto.
- Scawthorn, c. 1989. “Earthquake And Fire Following.” November, Toronto, Canada.
—. 1989. “Fire Following Earthquake In High-Rise Buildings.” Council on Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat, Bethlehem.
—. 1989. “First Report On The Quake–Eyewitness Account Of Fire Activity.” in Firehouse Magazine.
- Scawthorn, charles. 1990. “Fire Following Earthquake In A Port Environment: Considerations And Guidelines For The Port Of Los Angeles Seismic Safety Plan.” 1990. Wittkop, Richard C and Martin, Geoffrey, eds. Port of Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, , pages 99-107.
—. 1990. “Inventory And Post-Earthquake Functionality Of Emergency Response Resources : Fire Service Operations In The Puget Sound Area Principal Investigator.” recipient, EQE, Inc.
- Scawthorn, c., khater m. 1992. “Fire Following Earthquake – Conflagration Potential In The Greater Los Angeles San Francisco Seattle And Memphis Areas.” inprepared for the Natural Disaster Coalition by EQE International: San Francisco, CA. [EQE’s study for the Natural Disaster Coalition, Fire Following Earthquake in the Greater Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and Memphis Areas, is available from the National Committee on Property Insurance, 75 Tremont Street, Suite 510, Boston, MA 02108-3910, (617. 722-0200.].
- Scawthorn, c. 1993. “Lifeline Interaction And Post-Earthquake Functionality: Case Study For Fire Following Earthquake.” Proc of 5th US-Japan Workshop on Earthquake Disaster Prevention for Lifeline SystemTsukuba Science City, Japan: Public Works Research Institute 441-450pp.
—. 1995. “Fire Following – Current Status.” Office of California State Fire Marshal, Sacramento, August.
- Scawthorn, c., a. Cowell. 1995. “Fire Following The Hanshin And Northridge Earthquakes: A Comparative Analysis.” Osaka.
- Scawthorn, c., et al.,. 1995. “Structures Lifelines And Fire Following Earthquake.” Earthquake Spectra (Chapter in Special Issue on the 1993 Hokkaido Nansei Oki Earthquake).
- Scawthorn, c. 1996. “Fire Following Earthquake – The Risk In Vancouver And The Pan Pacific.” Vancouver, B.C., August.
—. 1996. “Fire Following The Northridge And Kobe Earthquakes.” in U.S./Japan Government Cooperative Program on Natural Resources (UJNR). Fire Research and Safety. 13th Joint Panel Meeting. Volume 2. , Beall, K. A., Editor(s), 325-335 pp, 1997. Gaithersburg, MD: National Inst. Of Standards and Technology, Gaithersburg MD, (available at http://fire.nist.gov/bfrlpubs/fire97/PDF/f97147.pdf ).
- Scawthorn, c., a. D. Cowell, f. Borden. 1997. “Fire-Related Aspects Of The January 17 1994 Northridge Earthquake.” Richmond CA.
- Scawthorn, c. , a. Cowell, et al.,. 1998. “Fires Following The January 17 1994 Northridge Earthquake.” Aug. 1998, Seattle.
- Scawthorn, c. 2000. “Assessment Of Earthquake Reliability Of Fire Safety Systems.” in International Workshop on Performance Based Design For Fire Safety. Vancouver, B.C., : Univ. British Columbia,.
- Scawthorn, c., f. Waisman. 2001. “Assessment Of Risk Due To Fire Following Earthquake Lower Mainland British Columbia.” Toronto, EQE International, Oakland, CA January 2001.
- Scawthorn, c. 2003. “Fire Following Earthquakes.” in Earthquake Engineering Handbook, edited by W.F. Chen and C. Scawthorn. Boca Raton.: CRC Press.
- Scawthorn, c. . 2008. “Enhancements In Hazus-Mh Fire Following Earthquake.” Pp. 45pp: SPA Risk LLC Prepared for PBS&J and the National Institute of Building Sciences.
- Scawthorn, Charles. 2008. “Fire Following Earthquake, Supplemental Study For The Shakeout Scenario.” Pp. 24pp in The ShakeOut Scenario: U.S. Geological Survey Open File Report 2008-1150, California Geological Survey Preliminary Report 2 version 1.0, U.S. Geological Survey Circular 1324, California Geological Survey Special Report 207 version 1.0. An electronic copy of this report can be found at www.sparisk.com. Pasadena: U. S. Geological Survey and California Geological Survey.
—. 2008. “A Note On Fire Following Earthquake For The Southern San Andreas Fault M 7.8 Earthquake (Sosafe) Scenario.” Pasadena CA: SPA Risk LLC, prepared for the United States Geological Survey.
—. 2010. “Analysis Of Fire Following Earthquake Potential For Istanbul, Turkey, For A Confidential Client.” Berkeley CA SPA Risk LLC
—. 2010. “Analysis Of Fire Following Earthquake Potential For San Francisco, California.” Pp. 54. City and County of San Francisco: SPA Risk LLC, for the Applied Technology Council on behalf of the Department of Building Inspection.
—. 2011. “Water Supply In Regards To Fire Following Earthquakes.” Pp. 173. Berkeley: Pacific Earthquake Engineering Research Center, College of Engineering, University of California, sponsored by the California Seismic Safety Commission, available at www.seismic.ca.gov/pub/CSSC_2011-02_WaterSupply_PEER.pdf with four page summary at http://peer.berkeley.edu/publications/peer_reports/reports_2011/Fire%20Following%20Earthquake-online-view-layout-sm.pdf.
- Scawthorn, C. 2018. “Fire following the Mw 7.05 HayWired earthquake scenario.” Pp. 367-400 in The HayWired Earthquake Scenario—Engineering Implications, edited by Shane T. Detweiler and Anne M. Wein. Washington: U.S. Geological Survey Scientific Investigations Report 2017–5013–I–Q.
- Scawthorn, Charles. 2018. “Fire Following the Mw 7.05 Haywired Earthquake Scenario.” Pp. 12 in Eleventh U.S. National Conference on Earthquake Engineering – Integrating Science, Engineering & Policy. Los Angeles, California.
- Scawthorn, c. n.d. “Personal Narrative Of Events Related To The Marina Fire, Loma Prieta Earthquake, October 17, 1989.” Pp. 6.
- Scawthorn, charles, frank t. blackburn, and donald w. Seagraves. 1988. “Earthquakes, Fires & Urban Areas-All The Ingredients For A Disaster.” Fire Journal (Boston) 82(4):5.
- Scawthorn, c., a. Cowell, w. Ward, and f. Borden. 1995. “Fire-Related Aspects Of The January 17, 1994 Northridge Earthquake ” in Page: 684-691, 4th U.S. Conference Lifeline earthquake engineering San Francisco; CA American Society of Civil Engineers. Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering, New York, NY; ASCE; 1995, TECHNICAL COUNCIL ON LIFELINE EARTHQUAKE ENGINEERING MONOGRAPH; 1995; NUMBER 6.
- Scawthorn, c., a. Cowell, w. Ward, f. Borden, f. Hoffman, and t. Harwood. 1995. “Fire-Related Aspects Of The January 17, 1994 Northridge Earthquake.” Pp. 684. San Francisco, CA, USA: ASCE.
- Scawthorn, c., A. D. Cowell, and f. Borden. 1997. “Fire-Related Aspects Of The Northridge Earthquake.” in Report prepared for the Building and Fire Research Laboratory: National Institute of Standards and Technology, NIST-GCR-98-743, Gaithersburg MD 20899.
- Scawthorn, Charles, Andrew D. Cowell, and Frank Borden. 1998. “Fire-Related Aspects Of The Northridge Earthquake.” Pp. 165pp. Gaithersburg, MD: NIST GCR 98-743; National Institute of Standards and Technology Building and Fire Research Laboratory, available at https://nehrpsearch.nist.gov/static/files/NIST/PB99102642.pdf.
- Scawthorn, c., J. M. Eidinger, and a.J. Schiff (Eds.). 2005. Fire Following Earthquake. Reston: American Society of Civil Engineers.
- Scawthorn, Charles, and et al. 2018. “Fire Following the Mw 7.0 HayWired Earthquake.” in 11th National Conference on Earthquake Engineering. Los Angeles: Earthquake Engineering Research Institute.
- Scawthorn, charles, and mahmoud khater. 1992. Fire Following Earthquake: Conflagration Potential In The In Greater Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle And Memphis Areas. San Francisco: EQE International, prepared for the National Disaster Coalition.
- Scawthorn, c., and T. D. O’rourke. 1989. “Effects Of Ground Failure On Water Supply And Fire Following Earthquake: The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake.” inProceedings 2nd U.S. – Japan Workshop on Large Ground Deformation. Buffalo.
- Scawthorn, c., t. D. O’rourke, and f. T. Blackburn. 2006. “The 1906 San Francisco Earthquake And Fire – Enduring Lessons For Fire Protection And Water Supply.” Earthquake Spectra 22(S2):S135-58.
- Scawthorn, c., and Y. Yamada. 1981. “Lifeline Effects On Post-Earthquake Fire Risk.” Pp. 187-96pp in Proceedings of the Specialty Conference on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. Oakland, CA: Technical Council on Lifeline Earthquake Engineering. Am. Soc. Civil Engineering.
- Scawthorn, C., y. Yamada, and h. Iemura. 1981. “A Model For Urban Postearthquake Fire Hazard.” Disasters 5(2):pp. 125-32.
- Scawthorn, C. R. 1995. “Northridge Earthquake Of January 17, 1994: Reconnaissance Report, Volume 1 — Fire-Related Aspects.” Earthquake Spectra Vol. 11, Suppl. C, pp. 419-435. Apr.
- Scawthorn, Charles r. 2011. “Fire Following Earthquake Aspects Of The Southern San Andreas Fault Mw 7.8 Earthquake Scenario.” Earthquake Spectra27(2):419-41.
- Sfintesco, Duiliu, Charles Scawthorn, and Joseph B. Zicherman. 1992. Fire Safety In Tall Buildings. New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Van anne, c., scawthorn, c. Ed. 1989. “The Loma Prieta California Earthquake Of October 17 1989 — Fire Police Transportation And Hazardous Materials: Societal Response.” in U.S. Geological Survey Professional Paper 1553-C: U.S. Government Printing Office, Washington, D.C., 1994, 44 pages, D. S. Mileti, coordinator.
Van anne, craig , and charles scawthorn (Eds.). 1992. Fire, Police, Transportation, And Hazardous Materials. Washington, Denver, CO: U.S. Geological Survey, For sale by the U.S. G.P.O.
- Van anne, craig, charles scawthorn, dennis s. mileti, and Geological survey (u.S.). 1994. The Loma Prieta, California, Earthquake Of October 17, 1989 : Fire, Police, Transportation, And Hazardous Materials. Washington
Denver, CO: U.S. Geological Survey.
- Feldman, D.R., W.D. Collins, S.C. Biraud, M.D. Risser, D.D. Turner, P.J. Gero, J. Tadić, D. Helmig, S. Xie, E.J. Mlawer, T. Shippert, M.S. Torn, (2018), Observationally derived rise in methane surface forcing mediated by water vapour trends, Nature Geoscience, 11, 238-243, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/s41561-018-0085-9.
- Jones, A. (Co-Lead Author), Feldman, D.R. (Co-Lead Author), D. J. Paynter, V. Ramaswamy, W. D. Collins, R. Pincus (2017) A New Paradigm for Diagnosing Contributions to Model Aerosol Forcing Error, Geophysical Research Letters, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/2017GL075933.
- Tadić, J., A.M. Michalak, L. Iraci, V. Ilic, S.C. Biraud, D.R. Feldman, T. Bui, M.S. Johnson, M. Lowenstein, S. Jeong, M.L. Fischer, E.L. Yates, J.M. Ryoo (2017) Elliptic cylinder airborne sampling and geostatistical mass balance approach for quantifying local greenhouse gas emissions, Environmental Science and Technology, 51, 10012-10021, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1021/acs.est.7b03100.
- Kuo, C.P., P. Yang, X. Huang, D. Feldman, M. Flanner, C. Kuo (2017) Impact of Light Scattering on Infrared Radiative Transfer involving Clouds, Journal of Advances in Modeling Earth Systems, 9. doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/2017MS001117.
- Feldman, D.R., P.J. Gero, W.D. Collins, M.S. Torn, E.J. Mlawer, T.R. Shippert (2015) Observational Determination of Surface Radiative Forcing by CO2 from 2000 to 2010. Nature, 519, 339-343, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1038/nature14240.
- Roberts, Y.L., P.A. Pilewskie, D.R. Feldman, B. Kindel, W.D. Collins (2014) Temporal Variability in Observed and Simulated Hyperspectral Reflectance, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 119, 10,262–10,280, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1002/2014JD021566.
- Roberts, Y., Pilewskie, P., B.C. Kindel, Feldman, D.R.,W.D. Collins,(2013), Quantitative Comparison of the Variability in Observed and Simulated Shortwave Reflectance, Aerosol Chemistry and Physics, 13, 3133-3147, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.5194/acp-13-3133-2013.
- Coleman, D.M.,and D.R.Feldman, (2013), Porting Existing Radiation Code for GPU Acceleration. IEEE Journal of Selected Topics in Applied Earth Observations and Remote Sensing, 99, 1-6, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1109/JSTARS.2013.2247379.
- Feldman, D. R., C. A. Algieri, J. R. Ong, and W. D. Collins (2011), CLARREO shortwave observing system simulation experiments of the twenty-first century: Simulator design and implementation, Journal of Geophysical Research-Atmospheres, 116, D10107, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.1029/2010JD015350
- FUEGO — Fire Urgency Estimator in Geosynchronous Orbit — A Proposed Early-Warning Fire Detection System
- Pennypacker, 2014, “A Satellite system for the Rapid Location of Wildfires, SPIE Newsroom
- FUEGO Press Coverage
- Stuart, H., Wang, S., Khatib, O., Cutkosky, M.R. (2017). “The Ocean One hands: An adaptive design for robust marine manipulation.” The International Journal of Robotics Research, 36(2):150-166. https://doi.org/10.1177/0278364917694723
- Devendran, D., D. T. Graves, H. Johansen, T. Ligocki, “A Fourth Order Cartesian Grid Embedded Boundary Method for Poisson’s Equation”, Communications in Applied Mathematics and Computational Science, 2017, 12:51-79, doi:10.2140/camcos.2017.12.51
Nangia, N., H. Johansen, N. A. Patankar, A. P. S. Bhalla, “A moving control volume approach to computing hydrodynamic forces and torques on immersed bodies”, Journal of Computational Physics, 2017, 347:437-462, doi:10.1016/j.jcp.2017.06.047
- Johansen, H., A. Rodgers, N. A. Petersson, D. McCallen, B. Sjogreen. M. Miah, “Toward Exascale Earthquake Ground Motion Simulations for Near-Fault Engineering Analysis”, Computing in Science & Engineering 19, 27 (2017), doi:10.1109/MCSE.2017.3421558
- Xu, Z., A.M. Rhoades, H. Johansen, P.A. Ullrich, and W.D. Collins, “An Intercomparison of GCM and RCM Dynamical Downscaling for Characterizing the Hydroclimatology of California and Nevada”, 2018, J. Hydrometeor., 19, 1485–1506, doi:10.1175/JHM-D-17-0181.1
- Gross, M., H. Wan, P.J. Rasch, P.M. Caldwell, D.L. Williamson, D. Klocke, C. Jablonowski, D.R. Thatcher, N. Wood, M. Cullen, B. Beare, M. Willett, F. Lemarié, E. Blayo, S. Malardel, P. Termonia, A. Gassmann, P.H. Lauritzen, H. Johansen, C.M. Zarzycki, K. Sakaguchi, and R. Leung, “Physics–Dynamics Coupling in Weather, Climate, and Earth System Models: Challenges and Recent Progress”, Mon. Wea. Rev., 2018, 146, 3505–3544, doi:10.1175/MWR-D-17-0345.1
- Vetter, K., Barnowksi, R., Haefner, A., Joshi, T., Pavlovsky, R. and Quiter, B. “Gamma-Ray imaging for nuclear security and safety: Towards 3-D gamma-ray vision”. Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research, A. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nima.2017.08.040
- Publications can be found at https://inrg.soe.ucsc.edu/publications/
- Publications can be found at https://www.ce.berkeley.edu/people/faculty/mosalam/publications
- Publications can be found at http://hybrid-robotics.berkeley.edu/publications.html
- T. Watteyne,X. Vilajosana, B. Kerkez, F. Chraim, K. Weekly, Q. Wang, S. Glaser, K. Pister, “OpenWSN: a standards-based low-power wireless development environment”, Transactions on Emerging Telecommunications Technologies, V23N5, pp480-493, Aug. 2012. https://doi.org/10.1002/ett.2558
- F. Chraim, Y. Erol, K. Pister, “Wireless gas leak detection and localization”, IEEE Trans. Industrial Informatics, VppN99, Feb 2015. https://doi.org/10.1109/TII.2015.2397879
- D. Drew, N. Lambert, C. Schindler, K. Pister, “Toward Controlled Flight of the Ionocraft: A Flying Microrobot Using Electrohydrodynamic Thrust With Onboard Sensing and No Moving Parts”, IEEE Robotics and Automation Letters 3 (4), 2018. https://doi.org/10.1109/LRA.2018.2844461
- DS Drew, B Kilberg, KSJ Pister, “Future mesh-networked pico air vehicles”, Intl. Conf. Unmanned Aircraft Systems (ICUAS), 2017 . https://doi.org/10.1109/ICUAS.2017.7991503
- Balsmeier, B. and L. Fleming, G. Manso 2017. “Independent Boards and Innovation.” Journal of Financial Economics 123:3:536-557.
- Sorenson, O. and V. Assenova, G. Li, J. Boada, L. Fleming. “Expanding innovation finance via crowdfunding.” Science 23 Dec 2016: Vol. 354, Issue 6319, pp. 1526-1528.
- M. Marx and J. Singh, L. Fleming, “Regional Disadvantage? Employee Non-compete Agreements and Brain Drain.” Research Policy 44 (2015) 941-955.
- Singh, J. and L. Fleming “Lone Inventors as Sources of Technological Breakthroughs: Myth or Reality?” Management Science, 56 (2010): 41-56.
- Marx, M. and D. Strumsky, L. Fleming “Mobility, Skills, and the Michigan Non-compete Experiment,” Management Science, 55 (2009): 875-889.
- Fleming, L. “Recombinant Uncertainty in Technological Search,” Management Science, 47 (2001): 117-132.
- Publications can be found at http://hiperlab.berkeley.edu/publications/
- “Development of an uncertainty quantification predictive chemical reaction model for syngas combustion,” N. A. Slavinskaya, M. Abbasi, J. H. Starcke, R. Whitside, A. Mirzayeva, U. Riedel, W. Li, J. Oreluk, A. Hegde, A. Packard, M. Frenklach, G. Gerasimov, and O. Shatalov, Energy & Fuels 7, 2274-2297 (2017). (https://doi.org/10.1021/acs.energyfuels.6b02319).
- “Detailed, sterically-resolved modeling of soot oxidation: Role of O atoms, interplay with particle nanostructure, and emergence of inner particle burning,” M. Frenklach, Z. Liu, R. I. Singh, G. R. Galimova, V. N. Azyazov, and A. M. Mebel, Combust. Flame 188, 284-306 (2018). (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.combustflame.2017.10.012).
- “Consistency analysis for massively inconsistent datasets in Bound-to-Bound Data Collaboration,” A. Hegde, W. Li, J. Oreluk, A. Packard, and M. Frenklach, SIAM/ASA J. Uncertain. Quantif. 6, 429-456 (2018). (Featured Article). (https://doi.org/10.1137/16M1110005).
- “Application of Bound-to-Bound Data Collaboration approach for development and uncertainty quantification of a reduced char combustion model,” S. Iavarone, J. Oreluk, S. T. Smith, A. Hegde, W. Li, A. Packard, M. Frenklach, P. J. Smith, F. Contino, and A. Parente, Fuel 232, 769-779 (2018). (https://doi.org/10.1016/j.fuel.2018.05.113).
- “Diagnostics of data-driven models: Uncertainty quantification of PM7 semi-empirical quantum chemical method,” J. Oreluk, Z. Liu, A. Hegde, A. Packard, M. Frenklach, and D. Zybarev, Nature Sci. Reports 8, 13248 (2018) (https://doi.org/10.1038/s41598-018-31677-y).
- “Simulating bioclogging effects on dynamic riverbed permeability and infiltration” Michelle E. Newcomer, Susan S. Hubbard, Jan H. Fleckenstein, Ulrich Maier, Christian Schmidt, Martin Thullner, Craig Ulrich, Nicolas Flipo, Yoram Rubin (2016). (https://doi.org/10.1002/2015WR018351).
- N. Mehr and R. Horowitz (2018). Can the Presence of Autonomous Vehicles Worsen the Equilibrium State of Traffic Networks? Conference on Decision and Control.
- J. Choi, and R. Horowitz (2010). Learning Coverage Control of Mobile Sensing Agents in One-Dimensional Stochastic Environments. IEEE Transactions on automatic control.
- J. Choi, S. Oh, and R. Horowitz (2009). Distributed learning and cooperative control for multi-agent systems. Automatica.
- Publications can be found at http://flow.berkeley.edu/publications/
- Publications can be found at https://faculty.sites.uci.edu/banerjeelab/publications/